How to Travel with a Disposable Vape Pen
Disposable vapes offer many solutions to today’s vapers’ needs. They’re lightweight, compact, low-maintenance, and incredibly easy to use, since they don’t need to be adjusted in any way in order to work, unlike other types of vaping setups.
Given all of that, it’s easy to see why so many people consider disposables to be the perfect travel companions. So, if you do have travel plans in the near future, and you plan on bringing your trusty disposable vape with you, allow us to offer some tips.
Just How Travel-Friendly are Disposable Vape Pens Anyway?
There are newbie vapers out there who are wondering how and why a disposable vape pen can be given the reputation for being travel-friendly. Well, there are several key reasons why actually.
- Compact: Of course, the size of a disposable device has a lot to do with how travel-friendly it is. Disposables are typically slim and small, and that allows them to fit into basically any pocket, or purse compartment. Compare this to larger box mod devices which once dominated the industry, and the difference is clear.
- Lightweight: Disposables are also very lightweight, which just adds to how easy it is to move about the day with one in your pocket. They’re made from high-quality materials that weigh very little, so that you’ll barely even remember that your vape is in your pocket.
- Durable: Despite being so lightweight and compact, disposable vape devices are extremely durable, because they’re made from extremely resilient materials. This means that they can definitely handle your daily needs, and can survive drops and falls, and exposure to the elements you may encounter while traveling.
- All-in-One Systems: Another bonus with disposables is that there aren’t any moving parts that need to be detached and put back together. You don’t manually remove a tank or cartridge, as the cartridge of a disposable is permanently attached to the device. Nor is there a mouthpiece that needs to be tinkered with, etc.
- Non-Refillable: Disposables arrive filled with e-liquid, and are non-refillable. Once the e-liquid runs out, you just toss the device altogether and help yourself to a fresh, new one. This adds to the travel-friendly aspect of this type of vaping system, because you don’t need to be constantly removing and opening up a pod or cartridge, and then filling it with e-liquid while you’re on the road.
- Have Integrated Batteries: Disposables have integrated batteries – in other words, batteries that are built into the device, and cannot be removed – so when traveling, you don’t need to maintain a battery separately, and constantly take it out and put it back in.
- They Don’t Need to Be Adjusted: Disposables are designed to offer the perfect mouth-to-lung sweet spot as they are. There’s no need to adjust the output level or experiment with different coil configurations. This means that when you’re on the road, you can just pull out your vape and enjoy it, without having to mess around with various settings.
- Button-less: Disposable vapes have no buttons, which means you don’t need to worry about turning the device on or pressing a firing button in order to take a puff of vapor. Just grab it out of your pocket and pull on the mouth-piece, and you’re good to go.
- Simply Satisfying: Of course, on top of all of the things we’ve already gone over, disposables are incredibly satisfying. They provide the perfect flavor, thick vapor, and the gratification of salt-based nicotine, all at once.
Taking a Disposable Vape on a Plane
Good news, disposable vapes are completely plane-friendly – that is, as long as you’re not using them. As we’re sure you already know, vaping on a plane or inside of an airport is strictly illegal. But, in terms of bringing your disposable with you, you’re free to do so, in your carry-on luggage if you so choose. There are no TSA rules that prohibit anything related to disposable vapes, as long as the e-liquid is nicotine-based, and not marijuana-based.
Taking a Disposable Vape Overseas
One thing to keep in mind is that different countries may have different laws about vaping. And, these laws can change suddenly, so places where vaping was once legal may have banned it since the last time you visited, and vice versa. The bottom line is that if you’re traveling out of the country, you’ll want to check their current vaping laws before you pack your vape with you. Some countries may even have strict penalties should a person be caught vaping in public.
Taking a Disposable Vape on a Road Trip
Disposables and road trips go hand in hand. We do recommend that if you’re a moderate to heavy vaper, that you keep your disposable accessible. For instance, if you’re driving, you don’t want your vape to be in a bag in the backseat, where it can be hard, and even dangerous, to reach while you’re in the driver’s seat.
General Things to Keep in Mind When Traveling with Your Disposable
Now, let’s talk about some tips when it comes to traveling with your favorite disposable vape. This way, you’ll be fully prepared when it’s time to get on the road.
#1: Be Aware of Local Vaping Laws and Guidelines
As previously mentioned, you should always be aware of the laws regarding vaping according to your destination. We said before that some countries strictly ban vaping. But, there are also places, even within the United States, that have more specific laws, like laws regarding where a person may or may not use a vaping device. An example is a state that has banned vaping in public parks, or on beaches.
#2: Make Sure You Have Enough to Get You Through Your Trip
Plan ahead, and make sure that you have enough disposable vapes on you to last you through your trip. That way, you won’t be trying to hunt down your favorite brand in a foreign land should you run out early. Always bring more than you think you need, just to be on the safe side.
#3: Don’t Forget the Charger, if it’s Rechargeable
If you’re using a disposable vape pen that has a rechargeable battery, such as Lost Mary or NKD 100 Max, just make sure that you don’t forget to pack your charger. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a dead battery and no ability to continue using that device.
#4: Store It Properly
Always make sure that when your disposable isn’t being used, it’s being stored properly. For one thing, the e-liquid in your device can go bad if the device gets too hot, stays in direct sunlight for too long, or gets too humid, so avoid leaving it outdoors, or in the car. On a similar note, your battery can overheat if it gets too hot, which can ruin the device completely. Besides that, make sure that your device is stored in an area that will prevent debris from getting into the mouthpiece and potentially clogging it up.
#5: Know Your Vaping Preferences
You know what you want out of your vaping experience, in terms of things like flavor, cloud size, etc. So, if you already have a disposable that you love, stick to that when traveling, instead of trying a totally new product that you may end up unhappy with, because it might be hard to find your favorite disposable outside of your local area.
No Matter How You Travel, a Disposable Vape Pen Can Make For the Perfect Traveling Companion
Basically, if you’re going to be traveling, and you’re looking for the most efficient, travel-friendly way to vape throughout your journey, nothing beats a disposable device. Easy to use, low-maintenance, and portable, it can handle all of your needs and provide you with the flavorful clouds you crave.
While you make your travel plans, we encourage you to explore the collection of disposable vapes available at Vapor Authority, where you’ll find only reliable, top-quality vape pens in a variety of flavors, puff counts and more.